You will get your badge and other materials when you register for the Convention. You must wear your badge in order to be admitted to the Convention floor.
Committees and Caucuses
If you have been assigned to a committee and/or caucus, contact the chair to learn when and where you will meet. Most committees will be meeting July 16-17 and some will continue to meet throughout the week of the convention, as needed, until their reports are complete.
Use this map to familiarize yourself with the Convention area.
The Convention officially begins at 9:00 a.m. Monday, July 18. Delegates are expected to be in their seats when the Chair calls the meeting to order. The Rules Committee will announce convening and adjourning times for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday when they give their report later that day. However, the Convention will remain in session each day until all necessary work has been completed.
On the first day of the Convention, delegates will be given numerous documents they will need to conduct the business of the Convention.
- Program – the scheduled agenda. Subject to change.
- Officers Report – Reports from all International officers, administrative departments, divisions, and many auxiliary organizations, such as MOST and the National Funds offices, covering events since the last Consolidated Convention. These reports provide the background you will need to understand the resolutions put forward by the International Executive Council and will help you evaluate all matters that come before the convention.
- Resolutions – All resolutions submitted by local lodges and the International Executive Council in accordance with the Constitution.
- Partial Report of the Committee on Constitution and Law – This is a working document used throughout the convention. It contains the recommendations of the Committee on Constitution and Law regarding language changes to the Constitution suggested by resolutions.
Delegates are expected to provide their own meals and refreshment, except for Tuesday evening, when the International officers will host a reception with live entertainment, and Wednesday evening, when the International will host a reception and dinner, followed by a concert. All delegates, family members, and guests are invited to these two events.
The Convention will take place in the Octavius Ballroom, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Monday, July 18. Recess for Lunch is at noon, with the Convention reconvening and adjourning times to be announced.
Convening, lunch, and adjournment times for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday will be announced by the Rules Committee when they give their report on Monday. However, regardless of the adjournment time suggested, the Convention will remain in session each day until all necessary work has been completed.
Register on the Third Floor, Promenade Level, across the hall from the Milano Ballroom, at these times:
- Friday, July 15, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 16, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 17, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 18, 7:00 a.m. – Noon
Remember to bring your Credential. You can’t register without it.
Union Cab Companies in Las Vegas
- 702-888-4888 – Ace Cab, ANLV Cab, Vegas Western Cab, and Virgin Valley Cab
- 702-873-8012 – Yellow Checker Star Cab
- 702-384-6111 – Whittlesea/Henderson Cab
It’s hot and dry, and expected to stay that way. Drink plenty of water. Dehydration hits unexpectedly and can be serious.